Aldersgate Lodge is the “hub” of the site and is served by a modern, efficient, central kitchen. The 1948 rustic Walker Dining Hall seats 250 guests seasonally. The warm, carpeted Stacy Dining Room seats 125 guests year-round. The lower level of this lodge features Josiah’s Meeting Room and four modern retreat rooms. Josiah’s Meeting Room is perfect for meetings, classes, or special speakers, accommodates 50 persons and is handicapped accessible. The tastefully decorated retreat rooms (capacity 2 people each) offer private baths for comfortable living away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Sections A and B consist of a cluster of 8 and 7 Adirondack cabins (respectively) tucked in a serene stand of majestic pines around a central campfire circle. Each cabin offers clean, comfortable mattresses with bunk beds. The Challenge Course is on the trail just behind the A cabins. Cabins and a bathhouse stand adjacent to the recreation fields and our summer Health Center in the B cabin area. Each cabin has a capacity for 15 people, 8 lower bunks, and 7 upper bunks.
Located just down the road apiece from Sections A and B, Section C is composed of a cluster of 5 insulated and heated “not-so-rustic” Adirondack cabins. This area features a heated lodge with a meeting room (capacity: 60) and full size brick fireplace perfect for a family reunion or church family retreat. All five C Area Cabins are insulated and heated, as is the bathhouse. Wood decks and ramps connect 4 cabins with each other, the lodge and bathhouse in Section C for easy accessibility. Each cabin has a capacity for 12 people, 8 lower bunks, and 4 upper bunks.
Formerly the Methodist Protestant Church at the four corners of Brantingham, the Chapel was built in 1880 and continued to be active until 1942 when the board dissolved it. It was moved to the edge of the pines, where it is today, in 1957. The chapel not only serves as a worship site, but is a nice place to hold Bible Study, devotions, discussions, or to spend time in silent meditation. The Chapel in the Pines is a historic and wonderful place of worship. The seating capacity of the chapel is 50.
Originally built in 1960, and updated since, this is the largest assembly area at Aldersgate with seasonal seating for 300. It is used for all-camp worship, rain space activities (such as arts & crafts), and community concerts and events. The lower level has a large recreational room for ping pong and houses the Camp Store.
Hamer lodge is a retreat facility perfect for smaller groups and gatherings. The lodge has a comfy lounge space and a kitchenette. This building is ideal for youth groups, bible study groups, and groups engaged in learning (ie. pastoral classes, home school, etc.) The lodge is a 2 story facility with the main guest area in the upper level. Hamer has 4 bedrooms (with 2-4 beds/room) to accommodate up to 14 guests. There is a bathroom and sink in each bedroom and 2 shared showers down the hallway. All bedrooms include pillows and blankets. The kitchenette has a coffee machine (with coffee, tea, and hot cocoa), a refrigerator, and a microwave.
Aldersgate’s Main Office is located in “The Cottage” which is located at the first driveway to the left, before the main entrance sign. Our office is open seasonally from April – October during summer camp and while retreat guests are on site.
Our wilderness adventure sites are Asbury Acres and Lake of the Pines, and offers a great opportunity for adventure, nature, stargazing, and cooking over the open fire. Lake of the Pines is used for day trips and environmental outdoor education, while Asbury Acres is used for overnight campers. Campers and guests sleep in yurts on wooden framed beds with mattresses. Located 2 miles from main site in the wooded pines, Lake of the Pines is easily accessible by a short wagon ride or half hour hike from main camp.